Special Event Insurances

FAQ's - Special Event Insurance

:: FAQ's

To insure a wedding, click here.





What is Special Event General Liability Insurance?
Special Event Liability Insurance (also referred to as CGL, Commercial General Liability or Spectator Liability) is an insurance policy designed to provide broad protection for situations in which an event holder or concessionaire must defend itself against lawsuits or pay damages for bodily injury or property damage to third parties. Host liquor liability is included if there is no transfer of money for alcohol. This policy also gives protection to the venue and or sponsors of the event by adding them to the policy as an additional insured. Examples, such as a slip and fall or damaged floors are covered by this type of policy. Exclusions do apply


My venue has asked for a certificate of insurance with them added as an Additional Insured. What does this mean and how do I add them?
You, the special event holder, will most likely be required to provide proof of liability insurance to the facility/venue where you have decided to hold your special event. In addition to providing proof (in the form of a piece of paper known as a Certificate of Insurance) to the facility/venue that you have secured a liability insurance policy, you may also be required to add the facility/venue to this required liability insurance policy as an insured. This is known as adding the facility/venue as an Additional Insured to this liability insurance policy, which the facility/venue requires you to purchase before you will be allowed to hold your special event.

The practice of a facility/venue requiring that all persons or entities renting or using the site name them as an Additional Insured on a General Liability insurance policy, is quite common. It is so common, in fact, that the required Additional Insured wording or language is generally contained within the Insurance Requirement section of the Facility Rental Agreement or Facility Use Agreement.

My venue has specific wording to be added to the certificate of liability. Can Event Liability Insurance accommodate this?
During the online application process, you can enter your venue's required wording. You will receive your policy documents and certificate of liability instantly online.


What types of events are covered?
We cover both private and public events with over 500 different event types. When you complete an online quote you will select your event type. If you event is not listed then please contact our office directly at 1-800-364-2433.


What is an event holder?
The person, organization or company responsible for the organization and promotion of the special event and typically the signer of the rental facility use agreement.


What is a vendor/exhibitor/concessionaire?
A vendor/exhibitor/concessionaire is a person or firm that operates a business within the premises belonging to another under a concession, usually as the only seller of certain goods or services during a short duration special event such as a carnival, convention, concert or flea market. An example of a concessionaire would be a jewelry salesman at a swap meet or an artist selling their art at an arts and crafts show.


What limits of insurance do you offer?
We have several limits and coverage options available to cater to your particular events needs. Complete an online quote to view all options and pricing.


What are the insurance coverages available for Event Liability Insurance?
We offer General Liability, Care, Custody or Control, Damage to Premises, Medical Payments, Contractual Liability, Non-owned and Hired Auto Liability, Waiver of Subrogation


Who is protected under a Special Event General Liability Insurance policy?
The policy protects the person or business/organization under whose name it was purchased (the "Named Insured"). Your facility can also be added as an Additional Insured.

How do I purchase a Special Event General Liability Insurance policy?
To purchase a policy simply click on the “Quote, Buy, Print” button or click here to get started. In 3 simple steps you can get a quote, complete your application and purchase and print your documents. Step 1 - You will create a username and password to log in. Step 2 – Get an instant online quote. Step 3 – Complete the application and purchase and print your policy documents immediately.


Can I purchase over the phone?
Yes, you can purchase a policy with a customer representative over the phone M-F 8:30 – 5pm Pacific Time by calling 1-800-364-2433.


What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept credit or debit cards with the following symbols - MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express.

Does the policy cover alcohol-related accidents?
Your policy includes Host Liquor Liability to protect against alcohol-related accidents. Liquor liability is an option that can be purchased for an additional premium for covered events that sell and profit from alcohol sales.

What is Host Liquor Liability?
Host Liquor Liability Insurance is included with all of our policies and provides protection for the event holder/concessionaire against bodily injury or property damage suits brought by parties injured as a result of an intoxicated guest who was served alcohol at an event you hosted.

What is liquor liability? Do I need it?
Liquor liability is an option you can purchase if you sell and profit from alcohol sales at the covered event. This type of liability insurance provides coverage for bodily injury or property damage for which you may be held liable by reason of: Causing or contributing to the intoxication of any person; or Violating any statute, ordinance, or regulation relating to the sale, gift, distribution, or use of alcoholic beverages.

How far in advance must I purchase a Special Event General Liability Policy for my event to be covered?
A Special Event General Liability Policy must be purchased at least 24 hours before your event starts. It can be purchased up to 1 year in advance of the event date.


Where can I view a Sample Policy?
You can view a sample policy here on our website.

How do I get a copy of my insurance policy?
When you purchase the policy you are prompted to print your documents immediately. In addition, you will receive an email instantly with all of your documents attached in PDF format. You can also log in to your account at anytime. Click here to login

How do I make changes to my policy?
All changes to your policy must be requested in writing. Please email them your changes to contactus@nasep.org. Once we receive your request we will process the change within 2 business days. Once the change is complete you will receive an email with a change endorsement and corrected documents.


Where and how do I register to get a username and password?
Click on the Quote/Buy/Print button or click here to self register.


I forgot my username what do I do?
Please call 1-800-364-2433 M-F 8:30–5pm Pacific Time.


Is my information secure when I purchase an Event Liability insurance Policy from your website?
Due to strict insurance regulations your privacy and security is our first and foremost priority. We do not provide your information to third parties. We encrypt sensitive information using secure socket layer technology to protect your data.

What is your cancellation/refund policy?
We understand that emergencies occur. For these reasons, if your request to cancel is provided in writing 48 hours prior to the covered event we will provide a full refund of the policy. Please send all requests to contactus@nasep.org and include your policy number, insured name and date of covered event.

Do you offer an Annual Event Liability Policy?
Our policies are for one event lasting no more than 10-day in length periods only.


Does the policy have a deductible?
There is a $2,500 property damage deductible.

How do I report a claim?
You should contact the program administrator, R.V. Nuccio & Associates, Inc. 1-800-364-2433 (Toll Free) to assist you in the handling of any claim.